When learning to program, we must know how to work with files. We should know how to read data from a file, how to write data to a file, how to append data to a file, etc. This article will not focus on all the operations we can perform over files but learn how to write to a file line by line using Python.
Write to a File Line by Line Using Python
Suppose we have a bunch of strings that we have to write to a file. To write them line by line, we have to append an end-line character or
\n at the end of each line so that the strings appear individually. Refer to the following code for the same.
data = [ "Hello World!", "This is a Python program.", "It will write some data to a file.", "Line by line." ] file = open("file.txt", "w") for line in data: file.write(line + "\n") file.close()
- Get All the Files of a Directory
- Append Text to a File in Python
- Check if a File Exists in Python
- Find Files With a Certain Extension Only in Python
- Read Specific Lines From a File in Python
- Check if File Is Empty in Python